Gay Muscle Worship: Learn About This Hunky Form of Male Play
Gay Muscle Worship: Learn About This Hunky Form of Male Play
GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP 101
If you have been out for any amount of time, you’ve no doubt heard of gay muscle worship. It’s a term that conjures up all sorts of mental imagery – from caressing biceps and kissing pecs.
But what’s it all really about? Is there more to adorning a guy’s meaty torso than just mere touching? And do you have to be submissive in order to partake?
The answer to those questions and many more are about to be revealed. That’s because we’ve put together the very first gay muscle worship ultimate guide!
In this article, you’ll learn:
- The definition of gay muscle worship
- A quick history of gay muscle worship origins
- All about gay muscle worship siphoning
- Activities that qualify for muscle worship
- The different roles involved with muscle worship
- Group worship of muscle and gay men
- Gay for pay muscle worship
- Where to find men to muscle worship
- Tips and suggestions for making the experience fun
- Gay muscle worship poll
- Common myths about gay muscle worship
- Resources for worshiping muscle in the future.
DEFINITION OF GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP
Gay muscle worship is no different than any other form of muscle worship. The clinical name of this activity is sthenolagnia: a twenty-five cent term for getting aroused by a person’s muscles.
Specific to men who are attracted to other men, we define gay muscle worship as a male who gets turned on by well-built jocks, wolves, daddies, otters and bears!
Related: Learn all about gay otters!
HISTORY OF GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP
The exact origins of gay muscle worship remain elusive. A review of the historical literature suggests it may have its origins during the time of ancient Greece; sometime around the early 300’s, BCE. This was a period of time historians call the Hellenstic age.
Bear in mind this was a time when homosexuality was very much part of the ethos. In fact, one of the greatest ways to pay homage to a male Greek God was to emulate his appearance.
When you look at the statues, paintings and carvings of “Andres” deities from the era, you’ll notice most all of them are muscular and defined.
Perhaps the best known representation of muscular Greek men is seen in the mythical hero Hercules; son of Zeus and with a mortal mom named Alcmene. Hercules was rumored to be extremely muscular and defined with an enormous manhood (seriously!)
And you know what else?
Legend has it Hercules was also gay. Well, perhaps bi. See this book on Gay Greek legends to learn more.
Not to get off track but it was believed that one of the best ways to obtain male during this era came directly from the male penis and the seminal fluids it discharged.
Which leads us to our next point.
Siphoning was an ancient Greek ritual
GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP SIPHONING
Many people assume that gay muscle worship is all about adoration of brawn. Sure, some of that is true but in terms of history, that’s not what this activity was all about.
Instead, muscle worship – man on man – was a powerful form of foreplay. Here, a guy (or group of guys) would spend hours stimulating a given muscled up male and literally edging him to the point of eruption.
Some sessions are said to have gone on for hours. When the guy being worshiped could no longer contain himself, he would explode with fluid.
And that white liquid didn’t go unused! Instead, it was greedily swallowed by the worshiper to obtain vigor, strength and power!
Now let’s take a look at gay muscle worship activities, which haven’t changed all that much since the time of the ancient Greeks.
GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP ACTIVITIES
When it comes to muscle worshiping, there’s really no hard and fast rules. Generally speaking, there are a number of activities that fall within the brawn adoration spectrum.
Flexing is a big part of muscle worship among gay men
GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP ROLES
It is common for men involved in gay muscle worship to take on certain roles. They are similar to what we find in other areas of gay play, including some forms of BDSM.
Examples of roles include:
- Dominant [person being worshiped]
- Submissive [person engaged in adoration]
- Master [muscled up guy getting worshiped]
- Slave [man who follows orders of master]
While not true for all, there have been correlations drawn between the dominant types being “top” and their submissive partners being “bottom” during intimacy.
GAY GROUP MUSCLE WORSHIP
It is not uncommon for groups to take place as part of gay muscle worship. This point is particularly true during “group scenes” that some people put together on popular hook up apps.
Here are some related points:
- It is believed group male muscle worship has its origins during the early 300’s, during the previously mentioned Hellenistic age.
- Group worship takes place in the current era when one considers male, muscled up male dancers who put on “shows” at various gay nightclubs.
- The man being worshiped does not need to be “gay” in order to partake in the group (see next point).
- Some forms of group gay muscle worship take place online. For example, Facebook groups like “The Real Muscle Gods”.
Gay for pay is common with muscle worship
GAY FOR PAY AND MUSCLE WORSHIP
To make extra money, some self-identifying straight body builders do allow themselves to be worshiped by gay men. In its purest form, this constitutes a form of “gay for pay”.
In these scenarios, the heterosexual man allows himself to be touched in exchange for a set dollar amount. The cost of such worship is generally pre-determined.
Most straight guys who allow other men to adorn them set boundaries. Examples include:
- No touching private parts
- It’s OK to caress but no kissing
- No self-pleasuring allowed
It’s important to state here that the examples provided above are just that – examples. Some heterosexual men may be perfectly OK with these activities.
It just depends on the guy and the level of trust he has with the worshiper(s).
FINDING GAY MEN FOR MUSCLE WORSHIP
If your goal is to find a muscled up guy to worship, you won’t have too much difficulty. That’s because there are plenty of men who enjoy this activity and find the experience erotic.
Common places to find guys who like being worshiped include:
- Hook up apps
- Craig’s List
- Kink and Fetish focused websites
- BDSM portals
As a side note, some men get into other guys checking out their bodies and even pleasuring themselves while doing so. But it’s always a good idea to ask if it’s OK to touch – even when someone is putting on a show.
GAY MUSCLE WORSHIP MYTHS
There exists a number of myths regarding gay muscle worship. It would be impossible to list them all but we’ve tried to include the biggies.
- All gay men are into muscle worship
- You have to be a body builder to be worshiped
- Gay body worship and muscle worship are different
- Two body builders can’t be involved with gay muscle worship
- Muscle worship among gay men is mostly for younger guys
- One must have an Adonis build to be worshiped
- Straight men don’t get involved with gay muscle worship
SUMMING THINGS UP
Worshiping muscle among gay men as an erotic activity has been going on for hundreds of years. Its historical roots seem to trace back to ancient Greece.
FYI: It is possible different forms of gay muscle worship pre-date recorded history.
If you are looking for more information on the topic of gay muscle worship.
My Amazon Picks